Thursday, October 29, 2009

Now pasted and modified....

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you ever get started on a collage, and feel compelled to finish it regardless of what else may be on your agenda? I had planned to put this piece aside until at least tomorrow afternoon, but found myself rushing through dinner to return to it. I scrapped the exquisite corpse images at play eventually after my fixation on the H1N1 virus passed :0) Besides, it just seemed too macabre for Eleanor according to the muse. I'll save them for a future Goth Eleanor.

So what type of paste do you use to adhere your images? A topic that I explored extensively a few years ago and continue to ponder. I used Perfect Paper Adhesive Matte for this particular collage but also am fond of Golden Matte Medium.




Untitled  Eleanor #45 Paper & Paste  Collage - 5 x 10 inches


5 comments:

Bea said...

Eleanor almost looks like the cover for the REVISED UGLY DUCKLING story. Her mask is falling away, feathers dropping from her and her "family" fading into the background. Maybe Eleanor has found her voice? lolol Too much fun..........love it, as always. :)Bea

Terri Kahrs said...

I am a HUGE UHU gluestick fan, and have also used Golden matte medium, and occasionally, Xyron adhesive too. And, yes, I can agree with having a piece "talk" you into total absorption! LOL!

Trudi, thanks for your visit and comment. Actually, I'm enthralled with your work. I actually enjoy finished Zetti artwork - especially when I don't have to create it! Hugs, Terri

Caterina Giglio said...

yeah they talk to me, boss me around! tell me what to do! my muse is a bossy gal!!!

Zoe, ontheroad said...

If I don't use medium, I use YES glue, diluted and stored overnight before use. It seems to have better adherence than others, and thinned is easy to apply with little tack.

Shannon Sawyer said...

I just love this collage Trudi, it's really beautiful. I'm definitely a fan of images of people where the heads look bigger than the bodies or where the legs are a lot smaller than the head and torso. You know what I mean, I love that type of image and this ones has that concept a bit. You do such beautiful work, what a talent you are.