Thursday, October 01, 2009

Experimenting....Living....Creating....Learning...Starting over again......

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" Le Dome" - 4 x 8 inches
Are you tired of seeing this image yet? I thought I was moving along quite nicely. Since I had never tried HP Iron On Transfers, I thought I'd give them a try first as I had a package collecting dust in my studio. The image transferred nicely onto linen. At first I was a little disappointed with the coating of the transfer but decided to press on thinking I may add some beeswax after the sewing since it has a similar patina. I sewed the linen image onto a piece of quilt batting and then added some vintage lace and outline stitched the frame. AND THEN, I realized I hadn't reversed the image before I'd copied it so the "Carpe Diem" as you can see, is reversed as is my signature. C'est la vie. Does that translate into Seize the Night? Not what you could call 'a happy accident' - but I'm thinking I might be able to press on by creating a piece of fabric with Carpe Diem on it and sewing it over. As for my signature...I'm ok with leaving it be. Or perhaps I'll scrap it and print a new image straight on to fabric in the printer.
PS...update........ I couldn't put this image up again as ANOTHER post - so here's the solution I found....a relatively flat embellishment that echoes the 'printed' gold heart below it....

3 comments:

The Artist Within Us said...

I find that when using the computer to create a collage, that it is like a double edge knife. On one hand we get to try numerous different ideas, while at the same time too much can be too much of a good thing.

I find that I end up with over a dozen different versions and though it trains my eye and sense of composition, I usually end up picking between two or three, selecting the best parts and creating a brand new version.

Thank you for sharing
Egmont

Carapace said...

I like the reversal! It's sort of...Seize the Day, but with a message either of tempering your enthusiasm, or accepting the errors that happen when trying any great feat. Either way, it adds a nice twist to a common sentiment. :)

Anne, Bulles dorées said...

wow this is stunning !!!!!!!!