Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Girlfriends...et al

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Girlfriends et al" - digital collage

Image Credits in part:  from www.DeviantScrap.com, Tangie Baxter, and Holliewood Studios - kits TeddyBearTeaParty - hats and ArtDollies - Background, goose,  and bird

This collage features 3 young girls from  Magnificat, by Boticelli (1490)   I decided to add the major portion of the original painting into this collage.  It's in the upper right hand corner, inside the far right tree.  Here's the original painting -

I created this reflecting back on a situation of a very kind person who was so sweet to me and wanted her to know how much she is loved.  And now I hope to stay clear of my passion for these digital collages and instead focus on other tasks at hand,  like visiting other people's blogs and spending some time in the yard, considering we are finally experiencing some warmer weather!

Thanks to everyone that visits here for your encouraging and generous comments!   If you also post your work on a blog, you'll know as well how much it is appreciated.  I'll be back in a few days.

This print is now available on etsy at http://www.twodresses.etsy.com/

9 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

It's beautiful!! Happy June to you! Our long awaited visit will be here soon!
Hugs,
Holly

Bea said...

I don't know why but the pig and the duck just tickle me. Have fun doing what ever it is you need to do for a couple of days but know that some of us are waiting for you to come back. :)Bea

Jeanne Henriques said...

I love this Trudi... it is so poetic!
It makes me want to find the perfect piece of poetry to accompany it. Well done!

Jeanne:)

Lori Saul said...

This is wonderful! You have a great way of combinging a bit of surreal with beauty and whimsy in your collage work. Very inpiring Trudi!

Terri Kahrs said...

This is absolutely brilliant! Placing the original Boticelli in the treetop was a stroke of genius, Trudi. But then again, your work always has a surprising element! This is fresh, fun, classical and whimsical all at once! Bravo!!! Enjoy your time away from the matrix. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Josephine said...

Hello, your blog are so beautiful, and your collage's are really AMAZING!!! My compliments to you.

Have a nice evening,
Lovely greeting, Josephine

Carole said...

stunning, lovely work of art :)

studio pashnada said...

excellent adaptation
I love Botticelli

Anonymous said...

wow trudi, I will look at the masters in different ways now,thanks to you!

very nice
Linda T.