Sunday, November 01, 2009

Paper Whimsy Blog Entry

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It started out like this -

Which lead my muse to this -


Until we finally settled on this -


"The Postal Stamp" - 9 x 9.5 inches digital 


Credits:  Paper Whimsy:  Door, Face.  Kate Petiet: Hinges and Cancel, Pringle Hill Studio - Torso


Gale's challenge at Paper Whimsy was to create something from the photograph of the door as pictured below.   This is my entry. And click here for more details on the challenge.  There will also be a random draw for a $25.00 gift certificate for anyone that submits.
Do you recognize some of the elements from a previous collage?  Seems, the PW girl and Eleanor are sisters...they share clothes with their other sister from Pringle Hill Studio  :0)  Although the PW girl made her own signature butterfly wings!





11 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

I'm sure this will be in the running for a prize. She's WONderFUl, Trudi! Hugs, Terri

Caterina Giglio said...

this is a very fun piece ... just love the teacup hat and I loved seeing your process!

Elizabeth Golden said...

I love your piece for the competition. It is outstanding. I finally got the blog award you gave me up. I am so sorry my son arrived unexpected last weekend for the whole week. Thank you again. I am so honored.

Lisa Holtzman said...

This is fabulous!

Unknown said...

I love this! The butterfly by itself was pretty and ten you added so much more and then voila gorgeousness!
Xo,
Tammy

Anji Johnston said...

What a talent you are! Love all your musings and designs. I'm so glad I found your blog - I am totally inspired!
Many thanks for sharing your creativity! and your entry rocks by the way...

Luscious Layers said...

Well done! Good luck on this.

Amy said...

love the hinge's and metal piece..super adorable hummingbirds.
Love your magical piece..you are great artist.

Seth said...

I love the "after." I vote for you to win this one!!

penny4thoughts said...

How creative to use the pattern in the butterfly wings! Just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

yes... really like this thread ))