Monday, November 23, 2009

Looking for a quick little craft for a cold winter afternoon?

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Pinecone Elves - "Two Dresses Version"

I used to love to get together with my Mom and my daughters every year before Christmas to create some tree decorations.  It was a great way to get into the holiday spirit and each year it's always a warm reminder of Christmases past to unwrap the handmade decorations from years ago.
This year I decided to send off some craft packages to my daughters, with all of the supplies, instructions and a sample of these little pinecone elves.  They're very simple to make and I wanted the girls to each have something from me to hang on their own trees this year.  I also found two little Mary Engelbreit comfy chair decorations to include in their packages (one is in the photo).    They seemed to be the perfect size for the little elves.

Below are the Martha Stewart versions plus a link to the directions and templates in case you get the urge to create some homemade decorations.  Notice that Martha's elves are very industrious, already wrapping presents. My little elves on the other hand,  are just laid back, waving at me to get them another rum and egg nog. 


9 comments:

layers said...

What a neat idea-- to send a box with all the stuff needed to make some sort of craft item-- unfortunately I don't have a daughter-- just 3 sons who would not be interested :-)

TheresainMS said...

Totally cool idea and I'm sure your daughters will be thrilled! Have a great week!

Terri Kahrs said...

Your elves sound like my kind of elves, Trudi! LOL! In any case, they're just adorable, and I'm sure your daughters will LOVE their little packages from Mom. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

you are the best MOM! love marthas little industrious elves! you crack me up!!!

Lorraine said...

What a great idea Trudi!

Bea said...

LOLOL You can get me some more of that "nog" too while you are up. I love these little guys. What a great idea to send those little packages. Very sweet thing to do.
Have a wonderful holiday. :)Bea

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I guess that's why you need my address! Did you figure out how to recieve the text message?

Jillian

Marilyn said...

Very cute!!!

catworx said...

Your elves are so cool!!!!