Monday, November 09, 2009

"Got Milk" - Unplugged - Sent to Yvonne as Blog Draw Prize

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hesitated to post this, since I've already posted the digital and the cloth versions of this same collage.  I promise this is the final version!  This is the 'paper, scissors and paste' version with an embossed, stamped and painted background.  I still wrestle with numerous comments I see posted on other sites regarding digital versus cut and paste collage.  I printed the images one by one, cut each of them out, created a textured background to adhere them to, and added Swaroski crystals as buttons, and sewed on  a vintage optometry lens.  Apart from the embellishments, and  a few of the clumsily cut edges, the essence remains the same.  Theoretically, it does however become one of a kind.  Thanks for indulging, yet again. 

7 comments:

Kim Palmer said...

Don't hesitate, it's your blog, post what you like! I enjoy seeing the difference between the various artworks anyway! I think it's great!

Terri Kahrs said...

Oh, Trudi, I LOVE that you've posted her in various media! It truly shows how versatile collage can be. I, too, create pretty much the same way that you do. Print, cut, paste. Very satisfying! Thanks again for sharing! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Holly Loves Art said...

I LOVE this!!! Very clever! I am loving all your latest pieces so much.

Anji Johnston said...

I love indulging in your creations - any time, any version! You are so amazingly talented that every image deserves the exposure.
Hugs Anji

Caterina Giglio said...

I agree with Kim! your work is wonderfully creative. just do what you want! love your work!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Digital is always fascinating to me, but I am still a glue, scissor, paper girl.
This collage is fabulous in every detail!

Shannon said...

I love this one done this way. I think it's my favorite version. I agree with all the other comments. It's your blog, this is about you and what you do. Post whatever you create no matter how you create it. It's all art! Personally I love getting my hands in there, getting dirty with ink all over my hands, and cutting and pasteing and so on. But I have no digital skills really either, so if I did, that would probably change things too. You are exceptionally talented and we all love looking at your artwork no matter how it was constructed.