Monday, November 16, 2009

More experimenting....with Half of a pencil sketch... and digital altering

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This was originally a graphite pencil drawing I did about 2 years ago from a magazine dog food advertisement.  The ad only had half of the dog photographed.  I scanned it into the computer and then duplicated it to try to represent the full face of the dog.  I've also been  manipulating the colors from  what began basically as a graphite tonal study to what you see above.  I then played with some of the proportions of the face attempting to decrease the symmetry so it may actually look like 'the whole face' as opposed to two sides mirroring each other....but now see in viewing it here that it continues to be very Rorschach-ish doesn't it?

Addendum  - goofing around version....







3 comments:

Bea said...

Very cool. So, that got me thinking.......I know that the human face isn't the same on both sides.....I remember some weird pictures when they put famous people's same half of the face together to make a whole. Does that apply to animals too? Your dog looks beautiful so I'm guessing it doesn't...hmmmmm :)Bea

Terri Kahrs said...

Hmmm . . . maybe just a "tad", but it's WONDERful, and I've got to give you credit for being so creative. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

wow! fascinating! it does look rorschach ish! but I dont think I would have realized why except for you pointing it out! amazing! digital art is just incredible! thanks!