Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Outgoing mail today and new 5 x 7 inch collage

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a quick post as I multi-task today, working in between several scheduled appointments I have in my part-time job, visiting the Farmer's Market to drop of photos,  while I also try  to catch up on my July collaborative projects - all 3 days overdue at this point.



In Character - 4 x 8 inch paper layered collage

Above, a cut and paste collage with elements from Tumble Fish Studio (http://www.tumblefishstudio.etsy.com/
as well as my own personal stash.   I wanted it to look aged and also a bit Haloweenish - so I added the bats hanging upside down and  imagined a goofy costume party where the participants had to  be in full character - thus the man also hanging down as a 'bat'.   I added a thin layer of old world antiquing glaze and sealed it with Liquitex gloss matte medium.    You can see the difference in clarity and apperance from the purely digital version  below which is a  modification of the same images for  another digital collage entitled House Guests and Fish below -








House Rules - 5 x 7 Limited Edition Print

This is a 5 x 7 inch collage that I just listed on Etsy as a limited edition print here   Perfect to hang in your lake cottage when you're trying to set limits of the number of visitors you get and politely inform them of the house rules!   We had a version of this quote by Benjamin Franklin  hung in our cottage as I was growing up.  The cut out letters and the EXIT sign  are from Holliewood Studios - The Thing Finder.  It truly has the Tumble Fish Studio 'style' to it I think! Thanks as always to Marsha for providing such a delightfully whimsical selection of images! 



Hocus Pocus - 4 x 8 inch paper cut layered collage


Above, is the  front side of the page and is also a  cut and paste paper collage  - one I completed long ago with some trim from Sandi Kreiger, shoes, dress and face from magazine clippings  and images from Tumble Fish Studio as well. 


Apology Letter from Collageville.... digital collage back

Finally, one side of a  note  I created digitally for Betsy apologizing for being late - from the land of Collageville!!  It is nestled in part of my ribbon collection in my sewing studio.  Images from both
Holliewood Studios at Deviant Scrap  and Tumble Fish Studio available on Etsy.

Thanks as always for your comments!



10 comments:

Christine H. said...

The glaze and Liquitex really made a nice difference.
Now, about that lake cottage...I think I must have been absent when they were handing those out. I would like one, please.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Wonderful collages...ahhh and that cat with the little purple hat...
wonderful inspiration here on your blog!!!!
Cynthia Schelzig a.k.a. Cynnie

Terri Kahrs said...

What a difference a little antiquing glaze makes!!! How clever of you to modify your "original digital", Trudi! Good luck with all of your duties and obligations! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Seth said...

Love the images and the humor in the first piece. And that ribbon collection looks very cool the way it is set up!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Never truer words were spoken in such an artistic elegance. The glaze difference is stunning and one I have not tried. Imagine and Live in Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Bea said...

LOVE IT. LOVE IT! lolol :)Bea

Caterina Giglio said...

love your collages and your ribbons!! lots of fun going on here!!

Lorraine said...

Love the house guest collage! Love the ribbon collection too - very cool.

Debby said...

Love your hocus pocus. Missed visiting.
Hugs,
Debby

Kellie Day said...

Hi Trudi,

REALLY enjoyed your beautiful fabric work, the details are amazing, and the photography did it justice. Also love the House Guest collage. Really a lot of inspiration here.

Kellie