Saturday, August 07, 2010

Another project completion today....

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another 4 x 8 inch fabric skinny page completed today and ready to go postal on Monday.   I thought I would try something a little different with this one by heat embossing.   These photos don't really reflect the results of the embossed areas and, as a result, look a little dirty to me.  Not the case in reality.


the is some beautiful antique lace I purchased from Ebay from France. 


a little bit of seed beading here and there





better close up of the heat embossing and sweet little button



hand embroidery along the edges front and back, two tiny buttons piggy backing...along with some machine stitching with metallic thread.



the back (right) has some lace sent to me by a wonderful friend and talented fabric artist - Viola, plus a paper flower sent to me by another great friend - Lorraine.

9 comments:

Anji Johnston said...

Outstanding creation as always

Cynthia Schelzig said...

just plain gorgeous!!!
Cynthia Schelzig...a.k.a. Cynnie

Healing Woman said...

Trudi this piece is a little dream. I love the white sillouette of the dancer leaping from her head-as though she were having an out of body experience or even just in the dream state.

Piggy-backing buttons. How creative. The stitching is so perfect and the overall look is divine. The cloth pieces you create from your digitals are always my favorite. Outstanding!

creativelenna said...

This is an extremely beautiful skinny page, trudi. I love your workmanship and the feeling the page gives me.

Terri Kahrs said...

Every little stitch and detail just screams 'perfection', Trudi! **sigh** OUTstanding!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Shannon said...

I have to say that I really love your skinny pages most of all. They have just the right amount of sewing, color, beads and digital images on the material. They really, truly ROCK my gifted friend. What a talent you are.

Seth said...

I think these are stunning. And your photgraphs really capture their beauty.

Becca said...

Hi Trudi, I just love the pieces with the stitching and beads that you do! Beautiful work as always!

Mandy Chilvers said...

wow fantastic work! just had to say i love your studio buddy too! i have 2 'studio' (it is a kitchen table!) buds... one is a little yorkie!