Sunday, September 27, 2009

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The morning lead me outside once again to witness the pink in the sunrise and in the passion flower now radiant and not the least self-conscious in its display. Without the luxury of a tripod to steady my hand, I focused instead in capturing the wonderous play of light against the leaves and petals, and the details of the leaf skeletal structures.... even if it meant the shadow of the amateur photographer often darkened the light. I am always left with such a feeling of gratitude and humility when I consider the notion of what joy these gifts from nature provide me. (Each photo is better appreciated by clicking on it to see more detail.)

5 comments:

Seth said...

What a spectaular flower -- and captured so well in these beautiful photos.

Bea said...

LOVED each one. Clicked them to large size, sat back with my nice fresh poured dark beer and chunk of cheese and thoroughly enjoyed looking at them. Thank you for sharing. :)Bea

Lorraine said...

Nice photos. Don't you just love the fall...

rivergardenstudio said...

I love the light that you capture... this beautiful flower... your close ups are beautiful! Roxanne

BT said...

Absolutely stunning passionflower photos. I had one of this variety but it didn't like the Irish climate (who can blame it).