I forgot to post my 'junk find of the year' photo as promised on Friday. It's a printer's drawer that I purchased for a measily $10.00 - I have a 'thing' about boxes, compartments, and vintage things and my eyes probably bounced straight out of their sockets when they landed on this.... 296 little framed shelves - if I decide to hang it - or 296 spaces for my smaller junk! (which might be enough space...for now!) You see, it's not hoarding if it's organized! In case you didn't know it's just a side effect of being a mixed media artist!! No, I'm not defensive.
Here's a few snapshots of a project I wrapped up a few weeks ago - one that I didn't know I was even signed up for...and well, I'm still not sure I was. But, I wasn't going to argue - an Autumn/Halloween themed bookmark swap...so out came Eleanor again... times 30 or so (it's all one big blur now)
This was a collage I had completed about a year ago that I altered into the below image -
Apart from adding some images of leaves and Tumble Fish Studio - a border, number, the 'eye' and the figure of the young boy, bottom left, I added some german foil scrap, and heat embosssed some leaves, over top as well as added a sparkling little ruby to her pointer finger. Then I added a grommet and what isn't pictured here is the fiber I strung through the grommet. Below are the digital versions....
Autumn Eleanor - digital collage/bookmark
Image Credits - http://www.tumblefishstudio.etsy.com/ and Holliewood Studios - ATC kit - http://www.deviantscrap.com/
Finally, a project that I've stumbled over, under and around for several weeks. Now complete. What I had in mind and what transpired are two entirely different ideas. The 'concept' (loosely stated) was to create an image that depicted unlocking one's dreams...to find a way to interpret their meaning...this proved to be a much more difficult notion to illuminate visually!
What does show up nicely is the hand-dyed doilies that I purchased from http://www.lusciouslayers.etsy.com/ aka Lorraine of Creative Daily
And finally, I made an envelope recycling a calendar image, along with a tag and note from my new blog header....so several of the elements in this project were recycled...to appease the Gods of Recycling. Now I can sleep guilt-free! The ribbon looks like jute, but it is actually from Mudhound Studio - hand-dyed silk fibers. It has an amazing patina.
Thanks for visiting!