Saturday, October 30, 2010

Butterfly Effect Update #8 - Fragile Hope

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has it really been ten whole weeks since we started this project?  August 22 - October 29?    I continue to be overwhelmed by the generous and loving spirits that join  the project, and I know I sound like a broken record, but  it's both a humbling and refreshing experience and magnifies my faith in the goodness inherent in our nature as humans. 

Butterflies from two kind souls arrived this week.  But not just two butterflies  - ....eight!   So, a very  humble thank you again to Linda and Cindy.   Together you brought the total of our butterflies to 50! 

FYI, there is still an abundance of time to join in on this meaningful project. The deadline is December 31st, 2011 (that's over a year from now!)


More information is available by clicking on The Butterfly Effect tab above ( just below my blog header.)   Please consider it.

If I received your butterfly by November 30th, 2010 you will also be entered into a draw to receive a copy I purchased of the book - I Never Saw Another Butterfly.

Great news and another  draw will also be announced December 15th, 2010!


So today with pleasure,  I bring you several photos of  more beautifully hand-crafted butterflies (and two snapshots of Cindy's package) directly from the hearts of  Linda Adams and Cindy Adkins.














** In Hebrew, the prayer  Cindy incorporated into  the above butterfly  is The Shema.
In English it is translated: "Here, Oh Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."





CINDY ADKINS
Meraux, Louisiana







 LINDA M. ADAMS
Reading, Pennsylvania, USA


 

14 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Trudi,
Wow, I'm so happy that they got posted--you are such a sweetheart to do all this. And I'm so happy to be in the post with Linda too because she is so awesome and I love her art. And, Linda and I are friends and it's through her that I found out about the project, so this sure was serendipity. Trudi, thank you for everything that you are doing to honor the precious children and thank you for letting my butterflies find a temporary home at your house!
Love,
Cindy

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Again Trudi,
I've got some great news to tell you, so please come by my blog--You WON the CSN giveaway--congratulations!!!!
XO
Cindy

Faye said...

So gorgeous, Trudi. I'm not sure I can create a butterfly with that sort of beauty, but I'll be thinking about getting one to you.

Createology said...

Very beautiful butterflies. And for such a worthy cause. Happy creating...

Debby said...

HI Trudi,
WOW!!!!! They are all so amazing. Such an awesome project. Enjoy!!!
Debby

Anonymous said...

Minihobby2WOW! It is amazing to see what everyone is coming up with. They are all so beautiful! I can't believe that you have 50 already! Teresa
For some reason my password for my Google acct. isn't working so I will have to sign in as anonymous

Kim Palmer said...

Aren't these wonderful. Wow this will be some exhibition when it goes up!

Linda M. said...

Trudi, Thank you for the invitation to be part of this wonderful project.

Warmly.
Linda

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Thankyou for your lovely comment on my post on the Pulp Redux blog. You have great timing as I am just in the middle of making my butterfly for the project! I will be posting it too my blog next posting and then on to you.

I just had a browse of your blog...and I love your skinny pages! Lots of other great things here too..but I really like the format of your pages and seeing the process. The forest one from your friend is a treasure too!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Wonderful Butterflies.....so inspiring!

Cathy said...

These are all so beautiful!

Wildflowerhouse said...

Oh Trudi, I can't believe how many beautiful butterflies you have collected so far. People are so generous and it comes from their heart too. How wonderful that these precious little souls will not ever be forgotten. Love , Sharon

Seth said...

More beauties to add to the collection!

Terri Kahrs said...

Trudi, it's always a joy to see these beautiful butterflies and how each one is so unique and special. I know that there are children smiling in Heaven. Hugs, Terri xoxo