Monday, December 07, 2009

Winter-Summer

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Some of you may recall the photos of views from our home I posted in the summer.  I'm still getting accustom to the recent snow fall.  My car isn't and because I use my garage as a studio, it is currently sitting outside under two or more feet of snow frozen solid.  Normally, the morning after a blizzard I enjoy looking for animal foot prints in the freshly fallen snow.  Oddly, there isn't a trace of any indication of wildlife in our yard this time around.  The deer must have burrowed into a snow cave somewhere to keep warm.  Today, I'll fill the bird feeders.  I don't do that until I am sure I can keep them full throughout the winter.  I'll have to stock up once I dig the car out!

What's fascinating to me  is the difference in the color of the paint on the patio doors.  I assume it's a result of the sunlight reflecting off the snow and creating a blue hue.  I much prefer the warmer golden tones.






6 comments:

layers said...

you outside looks like mine did last December after we got about 15 inches of snow-- I am really hoping that does not happen this Dec. Its pretty but hard to get around..

Terri Kahrs said...

Oh, my goodness, Trudi! What a difference in scenery! It IS amazing how the paint color on the door has changed to suit the mood! I thought that we'd been hit over the weekend with 5 inches. Holy Cow! You're really socked in! Stay warm and as toasty as you can! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Bea said...

Well, you certainly have us topped with snow fall. We've probably got two inches at the most, WHICH IS FINE WITH ME. Beautiful pictures of the trees and outside. Isn't that funny how different the light is on your doors. :)Bea

Caterina Giglio said...

what a gorgeous view you have in both seasons! and great shots! we have soooo much snow that I don't know if my shots will be any good!

Terri Daugherty said...

oh no, i was just asking you about snow and now look what you've got to deal with!!! i admit that it is absolutely beautiful to look at through you french doors. it's just soooo much! i hope that it melts quickly so you can get your car out in case you want to go somewhere.

Lorraine said...

We get so little snow on the coast so I love to see photos such as this one - beautiful. There is such tranquility with the snow. Good luck with the car!!!