Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Musing on Christian holidays...

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In spite of my best efforts to focus on other priorities, Eleanor has had me fixated on various musings surrounding Christian holidays, my own spiritual beliefs, how I was raised and various traditions and customs that have been present throughout my life.

As a result, over the past 2 weeks as I consider what rings true to me, these two collages came to life....



Please 'see' the reverence I hold for these celebrations and for what it symbolizes to me most... the spirit of giving.  My sincere apologies for those of you who may have misinterpreted my art or have taken offense and wish you especially the best of all that life offers.

9 comments:

Bea said...

I clicked on the pictures to enlarge them, studied them carefully and came to the conclusion that you and I are of a LIKE MIND. Light and Peace to you this season and may you continue to spread JOY from your soul to the world. :)Bea

Terri Kahrs said...

These are BREATH taking, Trudi. You, indeed, are a Child of the Universe and are full of wisdom, joy and enlightenment. These pieces glow with your spirit. I am humbled. Terri xoxo

rivergardenstudio said...

These are very beautiful... I love especially the details when they are enlarged... the womans eyes in your first piece are mesmerizing... roxanne

Caterina Giglio said...

THESE ARE JUST THE BEST! way to go Eleanor!!! I can see all the wheels turning and these pieces are simply breathtaking as well as thought provoking!

Debby said...

Trudi, these are incredible, love your work!
Debby

Marilyn said...

Yes, yes....they say it better than words!

Michele Jackson said...

Both Beautiful!!!

Chris said...

It's important that our thoughts and feelings be truly our own. The hardest work is trying not to control thoughts and feelings of others. I'm not sure why anyone would take offense, but in the case of these two... very nice!

Barb said...

Absolutely breath-taking beautiful art! Very appropriate seasonally and not at all offensive!