And below is a photograph of the front cover along with the beginning of a piano hinge spine. I used branches for the spine but covered one with the paper from the original project and one with some natural fibre oriental character paper. I've also added the beginning of a clasp with some twine on the right edge. The black material is book fabric and I've glued it onto the reverse side of the cover with PVA acid-free glue. Next in line is creating the signatures and utilizing the remaining paper for the back cover of the book. It measures 6x6 square inches and isn't nearly as shiny as the photo is reflecting.
*August 6: It's Finished! UPDATE TO FINAL BOOK