Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fish Kisses and Whimsical Beasts

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here I am,  sitting in my chilly garage studio with the heater on and my UG boots, a blistery cold morning as Pooh would say, with the wind gusting at about 80 kmph!  I'm blogging to shamelessly promote  5 illustrations I completed last week and had on sale at our Christmas Art Sale last weekend.
 As I mentioned last week, this was the first time I've ever participated in a sale and I had some substantial  'flutterbies' in my stomach preparing for this sale,  not knowing what to expect.  Well, my ego managed to stay 'intact' as I did sell a few (7 to be exact) :0) but the most fun was actually seeing someone look through what I was selling and hear what they had to say.  I also think I've thought up a few ideas for our next show which happens sometime next spring. 

"Fish Kisses and Whimsical Beasts"


 Front and Back of Tag made to accompany  each of the illustrations

I can see these prints fitting perfectly in a child's bedroom, on a wall in a powder room, or perhaps a lake cottage or even at the back entrance of a home, next to the 'mud room' or the laundry room?    I have listed them today for sale on Etsy and they come matted in a 'snow' white mat. 
 
Right now I am contemplating selling them without the mat as it adds quite a bit to the cost of the listing as well as to the shipping costs because they are 11 x 14 inches and are considered oversized by the post office.  Any feedback regarding this is appreciated! 
 
 


"The SnowBall" - 8 x 10 inch illustraton print
available for purchase here






"Koochie Koo Kangeroo" - 8 x 10 inch illustration print
available for purchase here





"Bartholemew" - 8 x 10 inch illustration print
available for purchase here




"Three Bags Full" - 8 x 10 inch illustration print
available for purchase here





"Thelma Loved The Prairies" - 8 x 10 inch illustration print
available for purchase here



Copyright for limited commercial use  for all above images granted with thanks to:  Holliewood Studios - www.DeviantScrap.com, and Tumble Fish Studio - www.tumblefishstudio.etsy.com

Thanks for reading and allowing me to indulge in trying to earn some extra $$ for gift giving!!



13 comments:

Muckypup said...

You go girl! Having someone affirm your worth as an artist is a wonderful and uplifting thing - and making money from it is an extra bonus - good luck!

Netty said...

Wishing all the very best in selling your images as they are fantastic. Annette

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

YAY!!! Good for you Hun. Glad the sale went OK for you. You got your little feet wet so to speak. Soooo next time make a great big splash!!!! I'm so pleased for you. The new prints are Divine Trudi. I just love your work.

Big Hugs Fiona xx

Bea said...

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE. I hope you sell out! Wonderful job. :)bea

Lisa said...

Wonderful whimsy Trudi!
I think selling them without the mats are a good idea..it's less expensive to mount bought prints on foamcore for hanging therefore eliminating need to buy a frame or you could offer them the mat at an extra $. Another note...picture frames frequently come with a mat already inserted. Just my two cents...

The Queens Table said...

Oooo I just love Thelma! So adorable and purple!

Lorraine said...

These are great T! I like the idea of selling them without mats and don't see this as a deterent. The tags you've created are fab!

thekathrynwheel said...

Wonderful wonderful art :-) Whimsical and fun! x

Caterina Giglio said...

wonderful! 7 pieces!! woohoo! gotta get my butterfly out to you, sooon bella! x's

Terri Kahrs said...

Yayyyy, Trudi! Congratulations on your sales!!! I'm so glad that people in your community have recognized your talent!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

PS - I'd offer them without the mats. Less expensive and give the customer the freedom to select their own to go with their decor. :-)

"MOI" Freubel said...

You're on a roll Trudi.
Great that you sold 7 artpieces !!
Congratulations and don't be humble but be PROUD of your self !
Hearty greetings from Rian.

Laura Haviland said...

Wow how amazing Trudi, very best wishes selling these treasure's.
I love them all.
Hugs,Laura. xoxx

Anji Johnston said...

Oh Trudi - I am speechless. Your work is impeccable. Don't feel defeated about only selling 7 cards at a show. I have done so many and spent my first 6 months of shows doubting myself as I only sold one or two. But it takes just that one person to come along who 'gets it' and all is good with the world! If I were rich enough I would buy ALL your cards! Just remember - your rock!