Friday, November 05, 2010

The Butterfly Effect - UPDATE #9

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week, three packages of butterflies arrived at my doorstep, bringing the total received to date to 58, plus one I added in just for fun.

A heartfelt thank you to each of the following artists for their kindness and time -

Kim Palmer
Caryl Hoobler
Evangeline and her two sons
Liam
Elliot

Just a reminder -

If  we receive your butterfly on or before  November 30th, 2010  your name will be entered into a draw for a copy of I Never Saw Another Butterfly (press title to be redirected)

The final deadline is still a  year away - set for December 31, 2011

 Here is an excerpt describing the contents of this book:  " Terezin Concentration Camp held, between 1942 and 1944, fifteen thousand children under the age of fifteen years old, for various lengths of time, before the children were carted out to other camps to die. A few teachers came in with sparse quantities of art supplies, and they used art "lessons" as a way of offering art therapy. "I Never Saw Another Butterfly" is a representation of those surviving pictures, which are now housed at the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC, USA. Illustrating the pictures, as it were, are collections of poetry and prose, and excerpts from a few journals."






Why not add "make butterfly" to your to do list this week?


Below, arrivals this week -


CARYL HOOBLER
Bloomington, Illinois, USA



KIM PALMER
Australia









EVANGELINE and her two sons - Liam and Elliot
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada










TRUDI SISSONS
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada



Thanks for stopping by!!!

14 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

they are all so beautiful and I am going to try to squeeze this in this weekend, but making no promises, since this is the busy time of year! xo

Createology said...

These butterflies are so beautiful and special. They will be a wonderful addition to the collection. Happy collecting...

Michele Jackson said...

Your butterfly has planted a seed for me to proceed with. Thanks!

Lorraine said...

Another lovely group!

Evangeline said...

Wow, all the butterflies are so beautiful! How wonderful to be a part of this.
My sons got a huge kick out of seeing their butterflies on your blog. Thanks. :)

Christine H. said...

These are so beautiful. I too am inspired.

Christine said...

All the butterflys are so beautiful

Terri Kahrs said...

I love seeing how each beautiful butterfly carries the personality of it's creator!!! Another awesome collection, Trudi! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Kim Palmer said...

Love your butterfly Trudi! Glad to see so many are arriving over at Two Dresses Studios.

Sharne Gregory said...

Thank you for the update. I love to see how everyone is creating a butterfly for the Museum.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, the butterflies are simply gorgeous!!!!
I wish we could get even more people to
participate! They are so beautiful and
it's a way for people to contribute
while spreading their creative wings.
XO

Rebecca Everett said...

Thank you for the update! I love seeing all the butterflies making their way to you.

Seth said...

What beautiful additions to the collection. Just wonderful!

Pam said...

My, my, my, my, my!! These butterflies are simply fantastic; not one that isn't superbly engaging, and enchantingly unique. I'm a mixed media artist too and have gallery shows here in FL. I have two blogs, one is http://www.rossini-malafronte.blogsspot.com hosts some of my art. I am one of your sites dedicated followers, I hope you'll become one of mine! KUDOS to all of these creative artists!!