Friday, November 26, 2010

The Butterfly Effect - UPDATE #12

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today, I have the pleasure of introducing you to 3 new butterfly creations for the Holocaust Museum Houston exhibit that have all been made by artists living here in Lethbridge! I emailed our Textile Surface Design Guild  in August to invite all of the members to contribute to the project. Yesterday, when I went to dropped off my prints for our Annual Christmas Art Sale, I was presented with these beautiful butterflies photographed below.   As you can see, they look quite rested and refreshed as they did not have to endure any extended flying time like the others that have arrived here from places as far away now as Italy! Just a five minute car ride home!

A big thank you this week  to

Cheryl Atkinson
Marilyn Chamberlin
for their beautiful contributions to our project.

Today and tomorrow I will be picking up 4 more butterflies from two other artists when I am at the Art Sale so I know I'll have at least that many next Friday to introduce to you!

For some reason,  we did not have any mail delivery to our home this week.  I have been in contact with Canada Post to find out what happened but have not yet received a call back.    As a result, not only did I not receive any butterflies in the mail, but no mail at all!







CHERYL ATKINSON
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada










MARILYN CHAMBERLIN
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada







And after bringing the above butterflies home yesterday afternoon, I was inspired to spend a bit of time working on one of mine as well.  It's a work in progress at this point, but I did manage to attach her 'head' yesterday which is from  an antique  "Frozen Charlotte" from Germany.   This is a sneak peak of 'her' ...

TRUDI SISSONS
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

8 comments:

Createology said...

These newly arrived butterflies are stunning. It is easy to see they were made with much love and care. Each one so special and beautiful. Yours is looking spectacular and I look forward to seeing the finished beauty. Your work is so appreciated Trudi.

Linda M. said...

Hi Trudi,

Beautiful. They are so pretty. Have a great week!

Sea said...

They are beautiful

Laura said...

gorgeous!!! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are exquisite!

Terri Kahrs said...

Magnificent and truly exquisite!!! Can't wait to see your finished butterfly, Trudi - It looks amazing!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Debby said...

They are gorgeous!!! What a beautiful collection.
Debby

Seth said...

These are so creative and unique. Great additions to the collection.