Friday, September 03, 2010

UPDATE ... THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I again find myself trying to get through my growing list of things to get done which has been doubly challenging this week as I am dealing with an enormous amount of pain ...tooth pain....forcing me to take pain medication that has sent me into a brain fog.....so bear with me please...

The good news is my to do list is full to the brim of tasks I love, promises I want to fulfill and a flavor of positive energy that during some moments just fill my heart and bring me to tears. 


Update:  The Butterfly Effect OPEN

*** for original post and to sign up click here***

What is on the top of my mind is the gratitude I feel to everyone that has joined us on The Butterfly Effect project.  I need to say in capitals  - this has little to do with me ...I am only bringing awareness to this project and in reality, I am the very lucky recipient of bucket fulls of warm and caring energy that is falling into my inbox and this blog each day.    I can't tell you how humbled I am by all of you that have added your name to the growing list of participants.  This is about  US as in WE -OUR- US project!

I have officially lost count but we are well  over 100 butterflies if I guesstimate the teachers that are bringing this project to their classrooms through the lesson plans available at the Holocaust Museum Houston's website here. I am slowly building the list and cross referencing so that I can provide updates via email.    Once I am completely 'lucid' again, I will have this out to each of you.

I am very happy to announce we have our  very own  official  Houston  Butterfly Effect  Ambassador onsite  in Houston that has  generously volunteered  to provide first hand  information about the project at the museum.  Her name is Wendy...Wendy in Wonderland!!!


Wendy in Wonderland
OFFICIAL ON-SITE BUTTERFLY AMBASSADOR
You can visit her blog here  -    

Wendy in Wonderland will be photographing the exhibit and hopefully  will be able to capture photographs of our butterflies!  Can you imagine it?  Have you thought of what 1.5 million butterflies will look like together??????  

 Thank you Wendy!

plus Wendy had this  IDEA....

 She plans to attach a name of a child that perished during the Holocaust to her butterfly.    Earlier this week I did find a list on the web containing names of children  and I will be transcribing it so I can provide it to everyone here who may also want to  do this as well.  Stay tuned.  Or, google the subject if you have a moment - it was relatively easy to find lists....sadly.


Thank You For Spreading the Word...

Another big  thank you for those of you who have blogged about the project or have added our little icon to their blog sidebars.  This has been so helpful and will continue to be a key success factor in how many butterflies eventually find their way here and to the exhibit.

Here is the icon again as well as the code you need to enter into your 'gadget'.   

created by Tara Dunstan




Clarification on Instructions for making your Butterfly

There has been a bit of confusion with the instructions provided on how to make the butterflies.  One thing that needs to be repeated is that they should be CUT OUT in the form or shape of a butterfly.  In other words, do not mail a butterfly that is within a sheet of paper and therefore...rectangular or square in shape.

Please email me with any suggestions or ideas you may have that will help us spread the word! 

 “Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”




6 comments:

Becca said...

Thanks for the clarification and butterfly update Trudi!
Hope you start feeling better soon!

Wendy said...

I think besides having the honor of being the mother to my children, this is the next top Honor.

Trudi,
You are so sweet. Thank you so much for naming me On site Ambassador. It is truly my honor and pleasure.

So excited. Those butterflies will be flying your way soon from my house.

We are sending Get well wishes your way.
Wendy from Wonderland

Terri Kahrs said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! I'm thrilled to pieces to be a part of this project, Trudi, and over the moon to hear that you've got 100+ butterflies winging their way to you eventually. And to Wendy . . . a heartfelt 'thank you' for being our Ambassador!!! Blessings & hugs, Terri xoxo

Seth said...

Thanks for this additional info and the link to Wendy. My butterfly, as you know, is done and ready to fly to you this week. Keep an eye to the sky so you see when it flys by!

~*~Patty S said...

Take good care dear Trudi!
This is all just so beautiful ... my butterfly will be leaving Virginia soon flying north to you :)
oxo

Bella said...

I cried when I read the poem, for me it was very personal.
Now I just have to hope the Butterfly fly's super fast from the UK.

Maybe a fitting 1st Give Away on my 1st Blog, A copy of my Butterfly as a Jewellery piece.
I hope you would approve.
Please let me know and others who think the same.