Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nick Bantock Botanical Collection

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am blessed to be fortunate enough to have purchased four of Nick's botanical limited print series of 5. I promised several people I would photograph them so they could enjoy them too. Sadly, my photographs do not even come close to capturing his masterful work. The first image particularly reflects the noisy flash! In the 3 remaining, I added digital matting and frames. Nevertheless, they do succeed in giving you a flavor for his irrefutable talent.
I would also without question, recommend the workshops he offers throughout the year at his studio and gallery "The Forgetting Room" on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia. The second time I was there I had the pleasure of viewing his entire collection from Griffin and Sabine. Many had me spellbound.

2 comments:

Seth said...

Thanks for sharing these. They must be amazing up close and in person.

TBM said...

Oh my, those are lovely indeed. I am a bit (okay, okay--a lot!) envious that you saw the entire Griffin and Sabine collection. Wow!

I just found your blog and am enjoying it very much. Thank you for sharing your art with us!