Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Joni Mitchell-Shine (Promotional Video)

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joni Mitchell has soothed my spirit for as long as I can remember. She has been a source of strength and inspiration to me in both love sick and love struck times beginning in my early teens. When I am outside and glance up to the sky to consider the clouds, being a Joni fan, you can guess what song resonates in my ind. I confess, had I dated someone who wasn't a Joni Mitchell fan, I've no qualms it would've been a brief affair. Equal to my love of Korean food - that's two strikes. After all, what else is more important than music and food when you are falling in love? Deep thought ...not. Joni recently released a new CD - Shine. It includes remakes of her classics. The above YouTube video is an interview (7 minutes) where Joni recalls her past and makes a few stabs suggesting this is the time of her life. While she continues to battle with the current tragedies of our planet, she does have a gift for expressing her angst. Of most joy to me is her choreographic talent in collaboration with John Grande-Maitre where together they marry her lyrics and music along with the talented Alberta Ballet Dance company. The small and frequent clips capture their efforts and they are worth the watch.

No comments: