Saturday, July 02, 2011

Cut and Paste Paper Collage for OMG Art Group based on "Zhuangzi"

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once Zhuangzi dreamt he was a butterfly, a butterfly flitting and fluttering around, happy with himself and doing as he pleased. He didn't know he was Zhuangzi.






 Suddenly he woke up and there he was, solid and unmistakable Zhuangzi. But he didn't know if he was Zhuangzi who had dreamt he was a butterfly,






or a butterfly dreaming he was Zhuangzi.   Between Zhuangzi and a butterfly there must be some distinction!
This is called the Transformation of Things. (2, tr. Burton Watson 1968:49)





"Zhuangzi" - cut and paste collage 4 x 4
Copyright 2011 TwoDressesStudio

Image Credits:  Finecrafted Designs, Holliewood Studios





Source:  Wikipedia


4 comments:

Sharmon Davidson said...

This is just fantastic! I love the story, and how your illustration brings it to life.

Kathy said...

So... I was trying to make tags last night with tons of Marsha's stuff and it was all higgeldy-piggeldy. I thought to myself, "Trudi always has a story." And that's what I needed to do. You are an inspiration!!

Love this - btw. I need to come up with something different to say about your stuff. I ALWAYS love it!!

Cheers,
Kathy

Terri Kahrs said...

First . . . you ARE an "art hero"!!! I hold you very high on the artistic pedestal, Trudi! Since I took a bit of a blogging break to reboot my creativity, I'm commenting on your last few posts -- looks like I missed a LOT. Especially, your new artistic revelations!!! Good for YOU. And, BTW, thank you, thank you for your congrats. You've NO idea how much your sweet words meant to me. ((Said blowing kisses!!!) Hope you're having an awesome summer! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Laura Haviland said...

Amazing creative Trudi,
Wow all that comes to my mind is totally awesome !!! I love love Zhuangzi.Your art always speaks to me and has such meaning attached.
Also just crazy over your blog header,great..Can you e-mail me what your costs are to create a new blog header one day please ? Your the Queen of creating, oh yes. I would love a big art doll like yours similar but one of mine maybe on my blog .. Anyways love to hear from artful you.
You always share such a great interesting story related to your art, a real pleasure my friend.
Thanks for sharing, Big Hugs,Laura. xoxx