Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Composition Study

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been spending a bit of time each morning over the past few weeks  reviewing some of my course notes from a course I took at Emily Carr University in Vancouver.  This composition below is a result of me tinkering with form, shape, repeating elements, neg/pos space, contrast value and color.  Just in case you were wondering what the ? this was all about....now you know!

The Egg Cup - digital collage 8 x 10 inches
Copyright 2011 TwoDressesStudio
All Rights Reserved

Image Credits - primarily public domain images, retuned,  plus parts of background from Finecrafted Designs (and the edge of a sofa) and Holliewood Studios

Thanks for stopping by!
 

6 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

your work is always so very magical!!

Terri Kahrs said...

SUPERB, Trudi! I never "wonder" about your work . . . . I just "enjoy"!!! This piece is stunning -- in composition, color, texture and subject matter. You've truly found your style. I just look at your work and it screams YOU!!! Bravo!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Michele Jackson said...

Wow beautiful!

Sharmon Davidson said...

I'm always just amazed at your talent and skill (and composition!); this piece is lovely and surreal.

bockel24 said...

absolutely fantastic, I love it!! (Hope you´ll have your ATCs in the mail soon, even the Australians received theirs yesterday ...)

~*~Patty S said...

OH WOW dear Trudi...this is more than fantastical and wonderful...brilliant and oh so deep!!!!

Wishing you and yours a really lovely weekend!
oxo