Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One for my bucket list....

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This morning as I was responding to email I thought I would look at a blog created by a teacher named Lorna (Artymess)  who has been working with her students creating butterflies for our project. 

Her latest post (appropriately titled "What a Hoot" ) is  found here, and below is just one of several photographs captured of her daughter's visit (a birthday gift).  The others are on her blog. 

I h a d to write Lorna  back to find out where this  sanctuary was located and also if I could share  her blog post here. 






The falconry is  Forest Falconry...which, happens to be across the 'pond' from my neck of the woods in the United Kingdom.  Here is the link to the centre website. 

Lorna also commented that her daughter   had to support her arm when she was holding the Eagle Owl as it was so heavy!

Thanks Lorna for giving me something to add to my 'bucket list'! 

6 comments:

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

great photo !

.Trudi Sissons said...

Yes, I agree. FYI - The photo was taken by a friend who accompanied Lorna's daughter. Sorry, I don't know his name.

Terri Kahrs said...

What an AweSOmE capture!!! Hugs, Terri
PS I'm flying off to check out Lorna's blog!

Numinosity said...

Lorna does some amazing textile work and is a lovely lady too. Visiting her is on my bucket list!
xoxo Kim

Sea said...

That one's too far away fro me to visit on a whim. I visited http://www.dalesfalconry.f9.co.uk/info/falconmain.htm
last year with my friend from Metairie when she came over last August.
I got to have a barn owl and a kestrel land on my hand :) :)

Kathy said...

Oh, I'm right there with ya on this one. I'd love to do that. I've hired a falconer to come to our library this summer. Why don't you come down? :o)

Kathy