Sunday, March 20, 2011

More Cut and Paste ATC's as s o o t h i n g Art Therapy!

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seems I had a bit of a 'run with scissors' over the past few weeks, and  enjoyed creating some cut and paste ATC's - good therapy for me.....


Here's a few photographs....starting with -


....a face from Paper Whimsy, a body from Lewis Hine, and wings from Tumble Fish Studio...





 


 

then out came an old postage stamp with more images from Paper Whimsy, Tumble Fish Studio and the background of one of the "see below" ATC sized notecards....I ended up applying a coat of Golden Soft Gel on this one....more texture...and well, I think it came out to hide a bit of glue that got away from me!






.....the little figure below is thanks to  a  Land of Nod 'freebie'  and she  became an instant favorite - b e c a u s e I have a favorite blanket too!....(little known secrets)  from Two.....along with more funky borders, tickets and wings  from Tumble Fish Studio and a background from Finecrafted Designs "Full Steam Ahead"






Plunked them all in a little 'see below' envelope....




 I also created a new notecard and matching envelope (2.5 x 3.5 inch-sized)so I had  a way to package the ATC's since I usually trade these or use them as little thank you gifts.



I loved the kaliedescope of colors in bits and pieces that start out from some of Tumble Fish Studio digital wonders!  So, I decided to create similar designs in three different colors....oh, how one thing leads to another and another.... so - below are 3 different color families - I've listed these matching cards and envelopes for digital downloads on Etsy


Finally, after looking at Terri's,  (Pringle Hill Studio) Tracey's  (Glitterbug) and Kate's (The Katherine Wheel) - see sidebar for links to each of their sites,   funky journal calendars for months and being continually inspired by their artwork,  - I did resort back to the computer to create a digital calendar for April - again using the Lewis Hine image  that I had (see below) extracted and colored as a start - these could be habit-forming!!!!


Here's the original photograph from Lewis Hine: 



And with a little bit of digital magic....it slowly transformed.....




I don't know if I am finished with this yet - I love the detail Lewis Hine captured on his shirt and the simplicity of the pose.....

Digital Illustration from Lewis Hine photograph - 8 x 10 inches


Thanks for reading and have an artFULL day!

15 comments:

Barb said...

Love your work, ATC's and boy image. You are so good with color. Thanks for sharing.

Createology said...

Wow your techniques with color are amazing. Love your art. Happy creating...

Becca said...

Hi Trudi, love your collages, and always find your art so inspiring! I've been feeling guilty to come over here, because I still have my butterfly and just haven't mailed it! Oh my, can you say procrastinate? I've also been thinking about you and your lovely art, I just finished my first 2 digital collages and posted them on my blog. Not as stunning as yours, but I love to learn new Photoshop skills. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anji Johnston said...

Love the fact that you used the same Lewis Hine image of the boy that I did in my 'boy with the broken halo' artwork. He was a master at capturing the essence of a child - I love all his work...and yours!

Michele Oliver said...

Love your work. Did not know that somebody else in Lethbridge knew about ATC's. I am new to papercrafts so love see everybodies work for inspiration

Tuire Flemming said...

These are SO gorgeous and beautiful and... I don´t know what to say! I love the colours!!! Great!

Kimberly Gruber said...

I absolutely love these ATC's and what you did on your calendar. Truly is amazing. How do you trade ATC's? Those look like alot of fun to make.(I'm a newbie;)Thank you so much for inspiring me to continue to make art. Tumblefish is one of my favorites, I think I have everything of hers. Now with your inspiration, I am going to give it a try. Your entire blog is just wonderful.

Shannon said...

OMG, I love the colors on these ATCs, note cards and envelopes!! I am in love with these note cards and matching envelopes, they are so wonderful. Every time I come to your blog I always wish I was more digitally knowledgeable or even more digitally experimental. Loved these ATCs though, really beautiful. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, Trudi--purely unbelievable! Your art is so gorgeous--and those envelopes--WOW!!! This is all too beautiful for words!
XO

Oxana said...

I LOVE this blog and your work! I am your follower now.
Have a nice week!
oxana

suziqu's thread works said...

Trudi your work is truely clever indeed. Love the layered effect and all the gorgeous colours you have used. Just beautiful!
Hugs, Suzy

Healing Woman said...

What a wonderful, inspiring post! Your cards are so colorful. So you have a favorite little blanket too! Your envelopes are also cheerful and I love the calendar. Your digitals are spectacular.

Terri Kahrs said...

OMG, OMG, OMG, Trudi!!!! What a fabuous post today!!! Tons and tons of eye candy to satisfy my soul's artistic sweet tooth!!! Fabulous atcs and digi pieces. LOVE your calendar. ((blush, blush)) Thank you for the honorable mention! Your work ALWAYS makes my heart sing!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

PS You worked magic on Hine's little boy!!!!!

The Queens Table said...

Lot's of yumminess in these projects. You really know how to bring out the best in Marsha's designs!

Lorraine said...

Love the Lewis Hine image. Looking forward to seeing your calendar filled in! I'm thinking about this for next year - will see.