Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Some window shopping and photo-snapping of 'OPA" - other people's art!

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------






















Mary Frances Handbag







I am always inspired by color and of course, by other people's artistic creations and perspectives.  There is an ABUNDANCE of both in Puerto Vallarta and it is one of the primary reasons I enjoy visiting this city.  Another being the doors, ...the weather helps too :0)

 As a rule, and as you no doubt know,  most galleries I visited didn't allow photos, so, what you see here is a random collection of quick snapshots - most of which are 'street shots.'   Unexpectedly, I love how some of the reflections add to them, and are inadvertently semi self-portraits!   I post them here as much for my own benefit to revisit when I need a 'boost' of color inspiration.  I am very sorry I don't have the artist names to attach to these, ...hindsight.  If you recognize the artist, could you post a comment with that information?

5 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

These are great, Trudi! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who loves shooting OPA that's displayed in windows! I think the self-portraits are very cool! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love looking at other peoples art for inspiration. Sometimes I just need another perspective!

Bea said...

I think these are great. They are just fun shots of what's out there. :)Bea

Caterina Giglio said...

yes! the reflections are wonderful too! very bright and cheerful, thanks for taking me to Mexico, if only vicariously!!

Healing Woman said...

Great shots! I am in love with Mexico...was just there a month ago. I can't get enough of the doors and colors. You have captured them very well. I love the boot with the futuristic scroll inside. It is sort of a DNA of the soul/sole.

Best,

Cheryl