Friday, March 05, 2010

Hacienda Mosaico

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Several, and I mean s e v e r a l years ago, I had the incredible opportunity to view a Kandinsky painting through a virtual reality "multisensory interactive simulation" ... the technology then in its infancy. It was part of a series exploring tactile and visual manipulation in the arts through the Banff Centre for Arts at ( http://www.banffcentre.ca/), here in Alberta.   The experience was phenomenal and left me with a memory much richer than simply viewing a piece of art at a gallery or museum.

So, I was delighted  to take,  be it brief, a tour around Hacienda Mosaico, the 'venue' for the Michael deMeng workshop I blogged about a few days ago, during my recent trip to Mexico.  The owner, Sam, photographed below, is the owner of Hacienda Mosaico as well as the visionary and artist/gardener of this magical destination. 

Although I only had the opportunity to snap a few very quick photos during our visit, within 15 minutes I began to experience a feeling similar to the one  I had exploring that Kandinksy painting ions ago.  For Sam has created within her hacienda an  environment that in and of itself is a masterpiece and work of art. 

It would take days to capture the hundreds of different 'snapshots' of the artful surroundings that weave through the floors and walls, in furniture, carvings, mosaics, ceilings, from the gardens to the patios, inside and out - everywhere you look there is A R T.  

Unfortunately, the accomodations were occupied and so Sam was unable to show us these and therefore  I am unable to recommend Hacienda Mosaico as a destination other than to share with you what I've already commented on.  But, do yourself a favor and  visit her website at http://www.haciendamosiaco.com/ where more photographs , testimonials and a list of upcoming artist workshops is posted.




One of several brilliant red passion flowers along one of the paths....





A fountain wall of mosaics created by Sam....







Along the entrance of one of her  lovely garden paths -



This is an earlier photo  I borrowed of the same sculpture....with Sam and her feathered/furry friends...do you see any similarities ? :0)


Further along the path...








Oh hello - .....




And inside....





Back on the garden path ....in a secluded little corner....a place to contemplate....I loved all of the floating hearts.....

....magical...  Thanks Sam.



7 comments:

Planète said...

Thank your for share this fantastic photos. I love this artist !

Heavens2Betsy said...

This place looks incredible - a visual and sensory delight. Such fabulous colours!

Healing Woman said...

I love that environment! Mosaics are wonderful, so bright and cheery. Thankyou for sharing this. I will go to the link you provided.

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhhhhh, Trudi! How WONDERFUL! My jaw dropped as I scrolled through this breathtaking post. Thank you SO much for sharing your experience. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

oh thanks for the peek inside, just as magical as I thought it would be, have always wanted to take a workshop there! maybe some day!!

rivergardenstudio said...

There is so much joyous art here... first I wish to be in that courtyard, just sittling and looking around, and then the flowers, the mosaics, the sculptures... just wonderful! roxanne

rivergardenstudio said...

There is so much joyous art here... first I wish to be in that courtyard, just sittling and looking around, and then the flowers, the mosaics, the sculptures... just wonderful! roxanne