Wednesday, August 08, 2012

I didn't plant any annual flowers this spring....

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.....   My heart wasn't into it as I knew there would be on-going work on our back deck all summer and  they'd no doubt either take a beating from being moved around, or be eaten by the deer as per usual.  I did however buy and plant a few perennials - an Engelman's Ivy to grow up our arbor as well as this White Oriental (Royal Wedding) Poppy.   It bloomed today.  I've grown oriental poppies before that were the size of dinner plates.  This one however is much smaller approximating the size of a  tea cup saucer.
White Oriental Royal Wedding Poppy
Copyright 2012 TwoDressesStudio
All Rights Reserved

7 comments:

Debi said...

Is that legal??? lolololol they are breath taking....it would be nice to freeze them for Christmas time...Nice to see you back in blogland...........♥Debi

Lorraine said...

What a lovely flower and photo! Hope you are enjoying your summer!

Caterina Giglio said...

oh ... between the deer and the buns, I am lucky to have a single bloom, been using the repellent which has worked pretty well since our summer has been wicked hot and dry... I so understand you not planting, I planted just a few... the poppy is lovely.. x

Linda Kunsman said...

what gorgeous flowers poppies are! I'd never seen a white poppy so thank you for introducing me to it.

Rhondi said...

Isn't the Internet a wonderful place. I met Kimberly Mooore at a networking event In Charlotte. I went to her webpage. You were on her blog list and here I am. Just had to comment on the beautiful poppy!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous poppy!! Great photo of it, as well.

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hello, Trudi!
Just popping in to say hello. Missed seeing your posts of late.
The poppies are truly exquisite!
hugs,
Teresa in California
http://amagcialwhimsy.blogspot.com/