Sunday, April 10, 2011

30 done - Z E R O left!

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My final skinny pages are finished!  16 months and 30 pages - and I'm looking forward to moving on to new projects.  I photographed this skinny as a work in progress a few weeks back, so below is a montage of the final pages along with a few macros.  Owing to the lack of light, they appear much darker - which based on the theme of dreams and my translation of a dream that leant itself to the moon and the stars, the darkness adds to the mood. 

I really used a variety of different materials on these pages.  Hand embroidering french knots and a baseball stitch, seed beading, adding vintage lace, regular lace, buttons, sara silk ribbon, tatting, ric-rac, plus several different colored threads and various machine stitches. 

Over the past year and a half I  have received so many amazing pages, each member of this group showcasing their talents and flair for composition time and time again.  Before too long, I hope to be able to post some photographs of the incredible 'skinny book' that resulted from our collaborative efforts. 

Stay tuned for Update 20 of the Butterfly Effect which is my focus for tomorrow!  Happy Sunday.


4 x 8 inch Fabric Skinny Pages and Macros - for Caryl - "Dreams"
(Left click on the image to view large)

Original image credits: 95% Tumble Fish Studio, Stars - Tangie Baxter


5 comments:

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

oh this is marvelous ! The colours are amazing.
Catherine

Jensters said...

Stunning wonderful colours and i love the layering.

Healing Woman said...

Your examples of the techniques you used reminds me of a "prairie sampler" only an updated, spiffy version. Your sewing skills are amazing. I love the results you achieve from them as well.

Jacqui said...

Love it! Colours are great!

Terri Kahrs said...

Trudi, the recipients of these beautiful skinnies were born under a lucky star for sure!!! OMG! I can't believe your dedication to finish 30 of these, and all of the fabulous work that went into each one. The resulting book has got to be amazing!!!! Hugs, Terri xoxoxo