Thursday, April 29, 2010

Norwegian Wood - Beatles ATC Exchange

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anytime Marion announces an ATC exchange, I think I am the first one to sign up.  Her exchanges are always fabulous.     ( For those of you unfamiliar with ATC's - they are Artist Trading Cards and are normally not sold, but exchanged.  They are 2.5 x 3.5 inches in size and are wonderful little treasures that continue to be a popular item in the Altered Art on-line world.  The insert is the label for the back of the ATC.)
 
The theme for Marion's ATC Exchange is Songs by the Beatles.  Below, a few shots of mine, mailed out last week. I completed them in fabric and the colors ended up predominantly red and green due mostly for the connection I make to the Apple recording label synonymous with The Beatles.  I chose Norwegian Wood for nostalgia's sake as I remember quite vividly a creative dance my girlfriends and I did to this tune in  a Phys. Ed. class in Junior High School...I think we were all 13.  Mention it to them  today, and we all  immediately end up on the floor laughing!   Those were the days...

Thanks Marion for hosting again - I hope they arrive soon.

Image credits:  The beautiful figure is from Terri at Pringle Hill Studio, the red and white border is from Art Dollies by Holliewood Studios at www.DeviantScrap.com.  The other elements from Dover and public use or are from my own collection.
Here's the digital version -

Norwegian Wood - ATC

16 comments:

bockel24 said...

SOOOOO lovely, Trudi! I have an ATC for a lottery on my Flickr about Norwegian Wood; I loved that song when I was young. (I think teenagers between 10 and 13 tend to love The Beatles, regardless of the time they live ... my brother was born in 1949 and had pencil drawings of the four Beatles on his wall, and I often hear that today´s teenagers also have a Beatles phase in their life). Can´t wait to see (and touch!!) your ATCs, Trudi! But - the first to sign up is always Barb from Australia :-))))

*jean* said...

gorgeous!

Debby said...

Trudi, I love, love this, so beautiful.
debby

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love the tiny details with all the beads. I think the digital version would be pretty versital for other projects too.

Healing Woman said...

Yes. You are right. The girl is from Terri Kahrs collection. I know this because I plan to use that fluffy Victorian looking beauty. I absolutely love how you modernized her with the red halo/circle in the background. These cards are dynamite!

Bea said...

Love the song, love the ATCs. :)Bea

Terri Kahrs said...

Trudi, this is one of my "ladies", and I'm soooo happy you've used her in this gorgeous piece1! It's another "Wow!"!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

studioJudith said...

Hmmm . .... ATC's - I remember those!

And your ATC's
remain so very special -
love this one and the way you are incorporating your digital with
the cut / stitch / embellish.

Jjj

Healing Woman said...

Yes, Trudi that was definitely Terri Kahrs image. I love that one and, as a matter of fact, plan to use it on something soon. I love what you did with yours. The red is striking and especially behind her in the form of halo/circle. Beautiful job!

Numinosity said...

This one is really spectacular, Trudi.
Kim

creativelenna said...

i love this, Trudi. How awesome. I especially appreciate you sharing the digital version so I could "see" more how you take your digital art and transport it to fabric. The netting is spectacular. oooh!! maybe I will receive one (marion, did you hear me??!!) none of mine were fabric this time, but i had fun. I found i really liked working with song lyrics, something i think you have done a bunch of.
Fabulous!!!

Glenda said...

Trudi, Its fabulous.

Anonymous said...

this one is absolutely beautiful. love fabric art. happy springtime, birgit

katrin said...

it's absolutely STUNNING this fabric kind ATC!!! what a great and fantastic work!!!

Erica said...

Your stitching work is perfection!

Muckypup said...

Ooh, i hope i get yours!