Sunday, October 19, 2008

Back to Basics

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After two years of suppressing a voice in my mind planted by several art teachers, I've finally decided to start drawing again - hoping to make it a daily routine. I hope to use my blog as a record, scanning and adding my fledgling efforts here. I've decided to not focus on finishing each drawing but instead pick a new subject each day and leave it after an hour, moving on each day. Above is an unfinished portrait in pencil along with the original magazine clipping from a San Diego tourist magazine. Below is another magazine clipping with the unfinished portrait and two that I altered digitally.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Great start! As somebody who is about to begin his own daily practice of drawing, I look forward to seeing how your drawings evolve.