Sunday, August 01, 2010

Time for a bit of a Makeover

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other than having looked at it for a long time, I can't really say what it was that inspired me to change my blog header.  I think it's the same virus that strikes and causes me to move furniture in the livingroom around.
It may be the time of year... 

I'm not sure if this new one will 'stick' - there are parts of it that do seem to remain special to me time after time and if you look closely, for those of you that have known me for awhile, I couldn't altogether eliminate Eleanor.... you'll see her eyes are still there.    As for Dali, well, he represents surrealism to me, and nothing else.  I love much of his work, but little about his manners.  The little purple butterfly is actually one I picked up at the end of the season at the butterfly gardens in Devon, Alberta.  I photographed it and then altered it.  At the same garden, I had a Blue Morphos land on my forehead and take a rest for about 20 minutes as I walked around various areas.  I've never been the same since.

Lazy Sunday - bit of daydreaming...slowing down after a rather crazy week.

9 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love the Salvador Dali contrast and designs in between. I really have no idea how to make the header on my blog different...maybe after I make the move to the new studio. Have a great weekend! Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Andrea said...

Love the new header! It's so fun!!

Kathy said...

You NEVER cease to amaze me! Love this header. Loved you telling about all of the bits and pieces! Isn't walking through a butterfly garden/conservatory like wandering through heaven? It's magical and stunning and awe inspiring...and...sigh.. I could go on forever.

Keep the header. ;o)

Caterina Giglio said...

I like it! it is very fun! and I totally understand that disease that makes you want to move furniture!!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Yes, I DO recognize Eleanor's eyes, and the blue monarch on Dali's nose is brilliant! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Becca said...

Love the new header Trudi! Love the butterfly on S.D. nose!

Muckypup said...

Love the new look - very cool! I guess Dali coulf be said to be the ultimate zetti artisit?

Sija said...

Love your new header! There is so much to see

~*~Patty S said...

kissed by a butterfly ... a glorious blue butterfly at that!

your blog header is so lively and interesting!