Wednesday, September 02, 2009

What surprises await me....

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Growing up in a northern climate, I never tire of the color and warmth of summer time. Now that September has arrived, I'm even more grateful for the warm days, punctuated with crisp fresh mornings that cool the air.
I walked inside from my studio earlier this morning to refill my coffee and the views of the light and color through my front and back doors delighted me. I snapped these photos to keep as a reminder of these precious moments. But for now, for this moment, for this day, I will venture outdoors, away from the blue computer screen, the art table, the sewing machine and venture into the warm sunlight soaking in as much as I can while it is still here.

4 comments:

egmont van Dyck said...

This is what we call 'living'. Experiencing life's simple pleasures. Recharging our spirit, connecting with mother earth and fueling our creative mind.
Thank you for sharing your moment of peacefulness with us.

Bea said...

Ah, I understand all to well. I've been re potting plants to bring inside and I could feel the sun on my back and it felt so good.
Lovely views out your doors. :)Bea

Lorraine said...

This looks lovely.....serene and peaceful.

libbyquilter said...

wonderful photos of moments to pleasure and treasure~!!~
i, too, live in a northern climate and at a high altitude, so i completely understand the feeling of savoring every last bit of late summer into fall sunshiny moments~!~ in fact, really must do a bit of that myself today . . .

:)
libbyQ